Friday, August 15, 2008

Hello ... been stamping a little bit here and there - in between getting munchkin ready for school next Monday. These two challenges were to make a simulated stained glass window. For the flower one, I used stazon on the acetate sheet and punched out the oval in the card stock base, then, on a piece of lighter paper (blush blossom) I stamped the sentiment along with some of the itty bitty backgorunds speckle. I mixed some reinker colors (Primrose & cardinal, separately) with some Crystal Effects & it blended really great. Did the same thing for the leaves & stem. I passed the card base through the CB embossed with Swiss Dots & then sponged over entire card with Ruby Red to bring out the dots. inished off with wasabi ribbon. As for the second one - as you can tell, this was much more timeconsuming. I actually used this for the Stained Glass challenge as well as the color challenge: Teal, Old Olive and Elegant Envy. I love the way the clouds in this stained project turned out. The card with the cross was done in 5x7 size, while the other is standard size card.
For this challenge, the theme was Crazy for Copics. Well, I have 2 gold Copics - quite by accident. I bought them to make a sign for our Purple and Gold cheerleading squad. (GASP, you say?) Yeah, okay, it was the only marker that came in the color I wanted for the poster board. And might I add, the poster turned out great!. Anyway, I have so much invested in my ZIG brush/calligraphy markers, that I don't want to even invest in the Copics just yet. One of the SCS long-timers suggested a website that I can't believe I haven't seen yet, and more importantly, showed a tutorial for using Stampin' Up markers to make the image look like a good watercolor. Okay, I say - THIS ONE'S FOR ME!! Easy-peasy, I can't believe I've never tried this method. If you're interested, Julie Buhler gives a GREAT tutorial here:
My first attempt was the Ol' Saint Nick by Impression Obsession. Love the way he turned out. On to my next ones, the fairy - loved her wings & skintone. Third, one of my favorite stamps: Girl Collecting Shells.
I love how they all turned out & this new marker with aqua pen gives more control in the tighter spaces - more versatility in my watercolored cards - I love it!

No comments: