Friday, February 20, 2009

All three of these cards were made with the Splitcoast sketch challenge SC216. This one I flipped on it's side for something a little different. This image is one of the new Whiff of Joy's by Elisabeth Bell, Willow sitting with Floral Wreath. I colored her with Copics and tweaked her hair with prismas and gamsol. The swirls on her dress were traced over with a clear glitter gel pen, as was the ribbon on her bodice. I used a blue glitter gel pen for her bows. She was cut out and popped up on dimensionals on top of the Tree Trunk image, which is part of the accessory pkg for this Spring 2009 Set. While I got the Spring 2009 Kit, they're now selling them individually over at Whiff of Joy, found here ... http://www.shop.whiffofjoy.com/ (For this one and the next, check out the Willow and Oakley *new* collection). I used my Nestabilities circle and scallop circle dies to cut the brown floral paper and kiwi mat. The clouds on the image panel were made with a free-form scallop template that I sponged bashful blue around, flipping & turning the template as I went. I finished off with a creamy ribbon knotted at the side.

This card followed the same sketch, but I made a square card. I love, love, love this color combination - the blue is unknown dp from the LSS .. the taupe looking one is from an SU paper swap - I need to check the catalog to see which paper it actually is. I sponged the edge of the background taupe with tea dye distress ink. I matted the blue dp with navy as well as the image panel which was stamped in Not Quite Navy on vanilla then sponged in tea dye distress ink. I pierced 2 corners and put brads in the opposing corners. I actually used my Creative Memories circle cutter for the 'arches'. I added some cream colored crocheted ribbon I got at the fabric store to finish it off.

This card is another one of the Whiff of Joy Elisabeth Bell releases, Willow with Sunhat. I colored her with Copics and tweaked with the prismas and gamsol (I only have a handful of copics, so shading is limited just yet). I added some more clouds, just like in the first card, then matted on navy. This is the same blue dp as above card, and the background is from the same swap ... not sure if one piece of 6x6 is going to be enough for me, lol ... going to have to buy the pack. I tied cream satin ribbon at the corner and popped the image panel up on dimensionals.
What I wouldn't give to have half the talent as Ms. Elisabeth Bell. Wowsa!
Anyway ... thanks for popping by.

No comments: