Friday, February 27, 2009

Here are some of this week's challenges that I participated in ...
The first is the Color Combination:
Summer Sun, Pumpkin and Kiwi. I'm pretty tired of winter, so I was drawn to this beach scene. I colored the hammock in pumpkin and then tied in the colors with the mats. On the left side, I used an eyelet edge stamped in kiwi on the summer sun base. I added some yellow stickles between the lace. I also added some crystal effects to the glasses, glass, shells.

This was the SCS sketch challenge this week. Since I had the same colors from yesterday's color challenge, I went with those. I stamped with chocolate from the pocket silhouettes set and matted on pumpkin, popping them up. The base is kiwi and the "BG" is actually a sheet of pumpkin that was embossed with the argyle pattern from the Cuttlebug. The cross yellow piece is embossed with the swiss dots pattern and sponged with pumpkin. IRL the ribbon looks a closer match than it shows in the picture, but I'm happy overall with the results. What do you think?


This challenge was to be frugal or recycle. This scroll or flourish was stamped months ago and wasn't all that thrilled with it, so it's been sitting in my box of precut cardstock. I was going to stamp the back side with something else, but never got around to it. Here, I cut it out free form and circle punched the coordinating flowers, adding copper brads. The not quite navy layer was rolled with the jumbo wheel in the burlap pattern - I only have creamy caramel, so had to go back & forth, up & down and diagonally til I was happy with the 'texture'. The sentiment is from warm words, matted on NQN and then black. When all was said and done, looked a bit 'empty', so I added some dots with the signo gel pen around the sentiment and in the corner to simulate paper piercing. Not a fan of the dots, so those of you that know me know this was outside my comfort zone ... but I did survive, lol ... and will probably break down and use them again.
Anyway ... thanks for taking another look inside my blog ... Have a GREAT DAY !

No comments: