Saturday, February 28, 2009

My First submission for a Designer Call Challenge

Those of you that know me know my new 'hero' is Elisabeth Bell. She has the most fantastic artistic style. She has her own website here if you're looking for more of a 'fix' for her work:
http://www.zhibit.org/elisabethbell/blog
I first learned about Elisabeth from the Whiff of Joy website, which can be found here:
http://www.shop.whiffofjoy.com/, and I think I've pretty much bought every one of their Elisabeth Bell stamps. (If I'm missing one, let me know and I'll immediately rectify the situation! lol) ...

Anyway, this image is from the 2009 Spring Kit that was just released last month. This is Willow with Flower Basket. Another absolutely beautiful image, thank you, Elisabeth!

I colored her with prismacolored pencils and gamsol, then highlighted it a bit with my white signo gel pen. For the swirls at the base of her jeans, I added a clear star gel pen. I also added to the flower centers in the basket, her bracelet and her buttons. I sponged the perimeter with baja breeze, ticket punched the corners and added faux 1/2 pearls to the bottom corners.

For the DP, I chose papers from the Manchester DP pack from SU - wonderful combination. I matted the various layers with either baja breeze or chocolate. The scalloped edge was done with the SU scallop border punch, then I added faux 1/2 pearls to the scallops.

I get so mesmerized by the Elisabeth Bell images, that I'm always forgetting to get their sentiments, so I used one of my new Angel Company sentiments, circle punching it and matting on chocolate circle punch, up on dimensionals. I finished by adding 2 more 1/2 pearls. For the vertical piece, I had to tie a chocolate satin ribbon in a bow ... Willow certainly deserves the extra effort that goes into tying a bow, right?!

Anyway ... I hope you like her ... and I hope I did her justice. Let me know.

2 comments:

Naoual said...

Beautiful card Colette, the colours you used are lovely and I love the big bow! Good luck with the call!!

xx Naoual

Carrie said...

This is so cute!! I've got my fingers crossed for you girl. You deserve it! Hugs!