Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This card was for today's SCS color challenge, to combine Mustard, Rose and Kiwi. When you look at it typed, I can't imagine putting that combo together, but it actually turned out nice. I added a layer of close to cocoa behind the image cuz when I sponged the image panel, I grabbed the wrong ink pad (was going for the rose initially). I love this gold organdy ribbon - looks so close to the mustard cardstock. I'll for sure keep this color combo in mind.


This was for the SCS Techniques challnege from yesterday - to make a round topped box. There's a PDF template you can find here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419606&page=4] if you're interested.

This card was for last week's sketch challenge at SCS. The different DP is actually just one sheet that I cut apart and flipped over pieces of. I used a dark brown grosgrain ribbon to help it stand out a little more. I just got this image from Whipper Snapper, "Eli and Frogger". I pushed a little too hard and ended up with an extra dirt spot on his forehead, but I think its so cute. I tried a little something new with this coloring. One of my SCS buds - forgive me, it was either leibetty or jenmarie, I forget - gave me a tip to color with Prisma colored pencils then use the Prismacolor colorless blender marker to blend the colors in. It seems to have given me a deeper color to the clothes than if I use the gamsol, what do you think? I'm still trying it to see if this was a fluke. I love this image, tho ... I don't have too many boy images and this one is perfect.
This card was from last week's Technique challenge - To cut out part of an embossed image. I used one of my cuttlebug folders and embossed a piece of lavendar lace. I then sponged over the leaves and flowers with inks to bring them out more and then cut around part of the embossing. Underneath, on the white layer, I stamped a sentiment in eggplant and added a flourish die cut in the corner. In real life, the lavendar flourish looked good, but here, I think I might have been better off using the eggplant to cut out the flourish - what do you think? - Anyway, I sponged the edges and finished it off by adding faux pearls here and there. I had Eggplant as the base to bring the deeper color in.
Thanks for stopping by to take another peek.

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

OH WOWzers, these are FAB!