Tuesday, March 23, 2010

FINALLY got through the whole list of blogs for this weekend's Spring Break Blog Hop. Many touching stories and wonderful cards made to send on to Operation Write Home's shippers, ready for transport to the troops. I've been instilled with a renewed desire to make even more cards, so much that I stamped a bunch of cards last night.

When I send out cards, I usually write a note on a post it and place it inside the card, but I recently actually wrote on one of the cards I made for my BFF, and it drove me crazy, all the bumps, lol. So ... last night I made single layer cards, just using stamps and negative space templates to create the effect of mats & layering. Wanted to get something that was just as beautiful as the cards we make w/all the layers, but skinny enough to write comfortably on - especially if they want to write a long note. Here's what I came up with ...
As you can see, I used a lot of sponging the inside of a mat that I had punched in different shapes & sizes. Over this, I stamped various images & sentiments trying to keep them simple. I did use a clear gelly roll pen for the trailing butterfly paths and outlining the flowers on the card on the right. The far right also was colored using prismas & gamsol - dries so you don't see the 'bleed' on the inside of the card.
Stamps I used include Penny Black, Stampin Up With All My Heart, PTI's Butterfly Dreams; Beautiful Blossoms II, Daily Designs Sentiments & a Stampendous sentiment stamp (far right).
I ordered a back stamp from OWH's referred site, but in the meantime, I printed something similar on the back of some of these sheets of c/s. Makes it easier for the sorters - I didn't realize this before.
Thanks for stopping by ... Love to hear any comments you might have.

No comments: