Tuesday, March 09, 2010

This Splitcoasters challenge was based on the Inspiration of Ginko Papers . I immediately fell in love with this Floating Cherry Blossom card and the only stamp I could envision was the Blossoms Abound set by Stampin' Up. I actually used 3-4 markers to casually color the rubber before "huffing". I'm actually very pleased with the results on this first one.


This second card, for the same challenge, was based on the Twinkle of Snow letter set. I used the clear embossing technique and then sponged some bashful blue over it to keep it light and airy. I didn't want to detract from the overall design, so I made the 'image panel' of the same snowflakes, with the same technique. That ribbon, while it appears pink in this photo, is actually white. Only thing I'm not happy with is the sentiment. Looks great on the card, In Real Life, but in the photo ... well, Maybe! would have done it different.

No comments: