Thursday, July 01, 2010

Just a few cards ...

Here's another heat embossed card - I took the images from the Stampin' Up Dream Gardens set and heat embossed in black then sponged the edges with rose. I bought this Japanese paper awhile back and thought it'd be perfect for this card. I just love Asian themed cards.


This was one of the old sketch challenges, #28. I stamped the images from Stampin Up's Love Without End directly onto the designer paper. instead of tearing the edges, I used my Stampin' Up deckle edged scissors. I used some blue floss through silver eyelets to close the gap.


This card was made following the SCS Ways to Use it Challenge - to create a card with heat embossing. I embossed the image from Stampin' Up's Lovely as a Tree - one in white on chocolate and one in black on vanilla - then split them using the Split Negative technique. Fairly simple - and you get 2 cards to boot. Love the way it turned out.


This next one was made following #30's sketch challenge. I received the images from the Stampin' Up Just Buzzing By set thru the Pay It Forward thread on Splitcoaststampers and am just now getting around to doing something with it. I colored the bee and hive with prismas/gamsol & used 2 different designer papers. Another fun one.


This little sweetheart is a digital image from Sliejke digi Stamps. I colored her with Copics and used some Celery and Guava cardstock and designer paper. There are some really cute digital images over there - you should check them out ... I believe they're all free.


This was made using a recent Ways to Use It challenge as well as an old sketch challenge - to create a pocket card. I passed on the traditional pocket card and made it so the pocket was only 2/3 of the card. The embossing was done on the bookmark - clear on white & then I sponged some bashful blue all over. Almost looks like white emboss on blue. I love this Stampin' Up designer paper, so coordinated with the saffron, celery and bashful. These buttons were a near perfect match to the colors, too ... think the coordinating floss I used works perfectly. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by for a look-see ...

No comments: