Monday, July 05, 2010

Shabby Ribbon Flower

These were for today's Technique Lover's Challenge on SplitCoast Stampers. Today's challenge was to create a flower without using the standard pre-made dies/punches.

This pink one is my favorite of the two. I spied a card that Teresa (SCS's va.sunshine) made, and she included a tutorial from Jenni Ingerick found here for a Shabby Ribbon Flower. Omygosh - I'm in love! (and off to the fabric store for some more wide ribbon!!) I absolutely love this flower, have I said that? While I was watching her tutorial, I couldn't get this set out of my head, so this card is also a CASE of Jenni's tutorial card - best compliment, right? I used Stampin' Up's Vintage Vogue set with Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink to create the card. Love how soft it turned out!

This next card was actually my first attempt. Looked all well and good til I loaded the picture - then realized it's kind of more of a medallion look than a flower. Oh well, I still like it.

I took a strip of Basic Grey's Granola dp and border punched w/a Martha Stewart scalloped lace punch then ran it through my crimper several times to break down the paper a bit before attaching to a smaller circle with red sticky tape. I matted this on a scalloped blue circle and added a ribbon tail and a white pearl. The base is Bayou blue with NQN layer and the Basic Grey Granola dp. The sentiment is computer generated.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! So happy to sent me a ling to your blog!! I'm so excited! I'm glad you enjoyed my tutorial! I love all of your cards!

Teresa Kline said...

thanks so much for the shut out...luv your card....sweet flower!

enjoy *~*

Carol L said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment :) The top of your blog is blank down to this July2nd post, so I'm commenting here. Both cards are gorgeous, but I really love that medallion/flower you created on the 2nd. I love the ribbon tail accent!!