Thursday, July 01, 2010

Some SCS Sketch Challenges ...

This fun mouse was made using an old sketch challenge at SplitCoast Stampers and this week's color challenge: Bermuda Bay, Curry and Dusty Durango. The image is an old PIF (Pay it Forward - like a swap, sort of) that I colored with prismas/gamsol. For the background, I took a piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and ran it through my Stampin Up Square Lattice embossing folder then sponged some Bermuda Bay all over to bring out more detail of the embossing. I did the same thing with the cross strip in Durango.


This card is done using an old sketch challenge, #33. I used images from an Inkadinkado set, stamped in durango on white and punched out the 'inchies'. I stamped durango with a flourish stamp on the kiwi. I'm almost out of this designer paper - can't find who makes it, but I love it.



Another old sketch - using a 'latch' to close it. The inside is lined with the same designer paper & cut on the edge with large scallop Fiskars. The top layer, cut about 1 inch narrower has the same treatment. The 'latch' is attached under the back DP and threads through 2 slots on the front. The image is a digital from the Digi Shack that I colored with prismas. I then spritzed it with some gold Smooch Spritz to give it a nice glow and added some half pearls at the corners and on the latch.


Here's another Sketch challenge - this was from this weeks, #287. I used 3 different papers from the Basic Grey lemonade paper pack for the layers. The image is "Two Jill" from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Too. I colored her with Copics and matted on some kiwi. Other layers have kiwi and burgundy mats. I was going for a card that was like a little girl mad that she can't see mom or dad, hence the computer generated sentiment.
Thanks again for taking the time to take a gander at my stuff.

No comments: