Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Splitcoast challenges for Color and Technique

This card was made based on the Splitcoast Stampers Color challenge for today:
Use Stampin Up colors Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, and Old Olive.

The image panel is the secondary part of the Faux Bleach technique I posted yesterday.  After ironing off the embossing from the reinked glossy cardstock, this is what I came up with.  I like the way it looks kind of like a soft watercolor.  I sponged the edges with Tim Holtz' Tea Dye to make it appear somewhat aged before matting on the colored cardstock.  I finished with a simple sentiment from Stampin Up's Best Yet set and a couple of strips of white grosgrain ribbon and a pretty white butterfly applique.  For a fairly simple card, I really love, love, love how this turned out!  What do you think?

This next card was made from yesterday's Technique Lovers Challenge - to use Beate Johns' Faux Stained glass technique.  Beate used something like Glossy Accents or Crystal Effects and Layered some glitter for hers.  I'm a self-proclaimed glitter-phobe, so I have none in the house.  Instead, I used some Platinum Stickles.  I stamped the cross image on an sheet of acetate with Stazon black.  I flipped the image over to apply the Stickles to the reverse side.  Once dry (later that day ....), I flipped it back over so the layer of stickles was on the underneath side.  I popped the acetate & mat up on dimensionals so it could show the shadows.  I love the way the Cross loops seem to go with the loopy flowers in this SU designer paper.  I'm loving this Marina Mist color, too ... So pretty .  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread's line.  I wanted focus to stay on the cross, so I used a light blue stickles for the 'pearl' effect around the frame to give it just a smidge of texture, as well as below the scalloped edge at the bottom.

As always, I love to see what you have to say about my projects - Feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks for stopping by !

No comments: