Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Splitcoast Challenges


This first card was made using yesterday's color combo:  Cherry Cobbler, Pretty in Pink and Always Artichoke.  First off, I dyed my white organdy ribbon artichoke.  I laid the ribbon on the ink pad, held it in place w/a piece of sponge then pulled the ribbon through, setting it aside to dry.  The image is a digital one from Digital Two for Tuesday.  I colored her with Copics then highlighted a bit here 'n there.  She was matted on cherry then pink then popped up on dimensionals.  I punched slots for the ribbon to slide through.  The background paper is SU dp matted on artichoke then the card base of cherry.

Added a few dew drops in pink to finish it off.


This next card was for today's Sketch Challenge.  My card measures 5.25 x 5.25.  The image is from Elizabeth Dulemba - I got it last week or so when they were doing a reading challenge, but never got around to coloring it to make a card til today.  She was colored with Copics then highlighted with white gel pen.  I used Stampin Up designer papers with turquoise, celery and saffron mats to coordinate.  I pierced the image panel in the one corner.  The edges of all the DP's were sponged with Tim Holtz tea dye before matting.  I also added a strip of celery twill ribbon to the one horizontal panel.
The sentiment was punched out w/a Stampin Up punch then matted on circle of turqoise before I added some flower brads.

Today is the first day back to school ... It's only 8:30 and I've already done 2 cards ... procrastinating on getting the house in order ... maybe just one more card ...

Thanks for stopping by !

1 comment:

Elizabeth O Dulemba said...

Collette,
Gads, she's gorgeous! I hope you'll share her in my Coloring Page Tuesday facebook gallery! (If you're on facebook.) http://www.facebook.com/pages/ColoringPageTuesdays/131602883523029
:)
e