Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fun with Tiffany Doodles

More digital images ...

On the road to making some Christmas cards ... re-visited Tiffany Doodles.  Have lots of flowers and fun images, but was looking for something for the holidays.  Just found this adorable mouse - INSTANTLY thought about The Night Before Christmas ... Colored this one with Copics then added some glossy accents to his eye - he looks so darned real.  The sentiment was computer generated.  I songed around them both with some artichoke to give it a matching vintage feel to the dp.

I used Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke for matting and card base, along with their wonderful Deck the Halls designer paper - Love, love, love it!  The mouse and sentiment were popped up for dimension.

For this second card, I repeated an ornament, staggering them.  They were colored with Copics then zig-zagged with some diamond Stickles.  I finished off by adding pearls to the scalloped border, sentiment disc and the tops of the ornaments.  I like the crisp feel to this one.  Actually, I think I want to get some ornaments that look like these for my tree this year.  The mats are blue bayou (nearing the end) and perfect plum.  Not sure where the dp came from.  This card actually measures 4x6.

I'm submitting these cards to Tiffany for consideration for her Design Team. 


Sneaking in a 3rd card from Tiffany Doodles ... I love this flower and the one called Sketch03 ... such a joy to color.  Since purple happens to be my favorite color, well ... 'nuff said.  I'm actually very critical of my own work, but I have to say I think this one turned out quite well.

Funny purple story ... went to Party City today to look for Harry Potter paraphernalia (tomorrow IS the midnight premiere, dontcha know) ... as we're walking down an aisle, I saw some purple sunglasses (yes, cheap, but still ... ) I went to pick them up and my darling 15 year old says "Absolutely Not" ... "What?"  She says "You're wearing purple pants ... you have on a purple sweater ... you're even carrying your Vera Bradley purple wallet ... I'm going to pretend I don't know you if you even pick up those glasses" ... Suffice it to say ... I have to revamp the wardrobe ... If it's not purple or black, it probably says "BULLDOGS Cheer" on it.
Thanks for popping in for another look-see!  Do you have your Holiday cards started?
As always, love to hear what you think...

2 comments:

Shirley G said...

Both cards are really cute. But I do love the little mouse the best. You're right he does look real. Great job

Lindsay said...

Really great cards Collette! Your coloring is fantastic!