Monday, January 31, 2011

The Crazy Challenge - January 31st

Today, over at The Crazy Challenge, The Stamping Boutique is sponsoring their "Happy Birthday" challenge.  Check out all the lovely cards!  In the meantime, I actually went and did 2 cards for the challenge  ...

Tracey just added this picket fence to her store, so of COURSE I had to snap it up!  Love that picket fence so much.  This fence was colored with Copics.  I added some glossy accents to the center of the flowers and the little lady bug on the cross bar, then some diamond stickles to the butterfly wings.  Love how these buttons go with the paper and the yellow one - bonus! - matches the sunbonnet.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up, punched with an oval then added to a Nesties fancy label.

I had so much fun making a birthday card, that I actually made another ... Here's another new release from Tracey (or at least partial) - the chair Audrey is sitting on.  Love it!  She's just sitting there waiting for someone to bring her some birthday cake, I think!  I love the way this lavendar cross piece matches, yet doesn't the lavendar in the quilted background paper.  Using the lavendar colors, blue and yellow mats, I was trying to tie in this wonderful paper.  Being a quilter also, I love it when I find pre-designed quilted papers.  This Audrey is actually from one of the Audrey in Heart images that I cut down to pop her up on the chair for dimension.  Both Audrey and her chair were colored with Copics.

FUN challenge - I've become a follower of The Crazy Challenge so I can come back and play next time!

I have class today, but if the weatherman is right, we're looking at 20+ inches of snow this Tuesday/Wednesday here in the Midwest, so I may get my own Snow Day on Wednesday - yippee ... forget homework - "I feel the need ... The need for" ... well, Ok, Cards, lol.  Its getting late & apparently I'm getting a bit punchy, sorry about that.

Come on back and take a gander at my next post.

3 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love both of these cards. TFS.

WeirdCat said...

Great cards,fab colouring and colour combos, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Renkata said...

wow Collette, you have created two amazing cards.
The first one is simple gorgeous.
the second is so cute.
Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week.