Monday, January 24, 2011

Critter Sketch Challenge #49

This is what I came up with for today's Critter Sketch Challenge.  The challenge was TWO-fold ... Use distressing and use a circle of some kind (can be panels, embellishments, buttons, brads - your interpretation).

This digital image from The Stamping Boutique is called Max.  I colored him with Copics then added some glossy accents to parts of his guitar, spikes on his wrist thing (I'm sure they'd cringe if I said bracelet, lol) and his amplifier (?I'm not stereo savvy, so not sure what that is, lol?). 

As for the distressing, I scuffed up the circles and added some Tim Holtz Tea Dye ink to the edges.  I actually took all 3 of the paper layers and crumpled them a bit before running some Tea Dye over the wrinkles on those as well.  The sentiment is hand written - He was just calling out to me, "Rock On, Dude!", so I went with it.  I used some black distress Stickles to create a couple of paint blotches to the sentiment panel.

I've had this image downloaded forever it seems, and just couldn't come up with an idea in my head until now.  I don't know if it's just me, but I find it very challenging to create boy cards - I don't like to do too much as far as embellishments go - would they notice or even care? or think it was to frou-frou?  So, basically, my teen boy cards seem to come out fairly stark.  (In my humble opinion).

What do you think?  Any tricks of the trade you'd like to share with regard to Teen Boy cards (if they're not Birthday cards?)
Have a fab day !

2 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

I think your card looks awesome! He is a great image! I hope Tracey puts it into the store! LOL! The only suggestion that I have for a goodie for Man / Teen Boy cards is leather cording instead of ribbon if it applies to the image or theme! Otherwise mine are pretty much CAS also! Have a great day! Happy Creating! Sara

Colleen said...

Boy cards are harder but this looks great!