Saturday, January 22, 2011

Splitcoaster's Mini VSN - Virtual Stamp Night

The hostesses over at Splitcoaster's Virtual Stamp Night's You Make My Heart Sing had a blast - and some very fun ideas for the challenges.  There were only 6 last night, but head on over there on February 25th & 26th for the Main Event!

This first Challenge was called Punch Your Heart Out - we were given a sketch, 3 color choices (Cherry Cobbler, Kiwi Kiss and Regal Rose), told to use punches and last - only stamping was to be the sentiment.  I punched some flowers in 2 sizes from some Stampin' Up designer paper and attached them with pearled brads to a kiwi flourish.  I sponged the inside frame of a Nesties cut layer of regal rose for the middle panel.  The sentiment is from Hampton Arts, stamped in Cherry Cobbler and cut with the same Nesties die, just smaller.  Finished off with some thin green ribbon and pink half pearls.








The next Challenge was What Shape is Your Heart.  We were to create a heart shaped card.  I used some squares of Stampin' Up designer paper and made a 'quilt' which I then cut out with the Creative Memories heart cutting system.  The sentiment is from an oldie but goodie Stampin' Up valentine set, which was then punched with heart punch.  I double layered a red heart behind the sentiment.  Finished off with a ribbon and some red stickles.

The third Challenge was to create a luminary ... I may come back to that one, but last night, I skipped it.

The fourth Challenge was to Paper Piece Your Heart Out.  We were to paper piece 2 images - okay, I skimped and just used 2 different paper piecings on my one image (Pants and blouse).  Love this Magnolia image.  I used some digital paper from Two Peas in a Bucket for the paper piecing, then coordinated same papers for the background and middle layer.  Added a yellow ribbon and some yellow half pearls.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts that I circle punched & layered.









This fifth Challenge was Two Hearts Beat as One - to either entwine something (images, punches, etc), or to use an image that already expressed being wrapped up with each other.  This wonderful Mo Manning Digital Pencil Too image was perfect!  She seems to be saying "I love you, whether you like (or want) it or not!"  I also added a couple of flourishes that I entwined.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I used the Creative Memories oval cutting system then left out her pigtail & foot before matting on old olive.  This designer paper is another digital paper from Two Peas in a Bucket.  Finished with some graduating pink half pearls.

Last and kind of Least (in this instance) was Challenge 6 - Slimming Down.  We were to use Kraft/Crumb Cake card stock, keeping the layers to a minimum of 2 plus use something of Encouragement.  I plan on sending most of these (at least the valentine related ones) to St. Jude's Children's Hospital via Winter Sims for the children that are in the hospital - If you've got an abundance of Valentine cards and would like to do the same, check out Winter's Winter Wonderland Blog here.  You would write your own note in it (generic) and sign it, but you CAN'T say anything about them being sick or in the hospital or can't wait for them to get home.

I printed this digital image from The Stamping Boutique directly onto kraft paper then colored him with Copics. To create the faux oval frame, I used a negative of an oval previously used and sponged around the inside, then used cherry to sponge around the outer edge so it would pop when put on the card base, also kraft with one side run through the square lattice embossing folder. The sentiment was printed at the same time as image was.

Lots of fun! Head on over to Splitcoasters Virtual Stamp Night on February 25th & 26th for some more fun!

1 comment:

Arts by Sara said...

Beautiful Cards Collette! I will have to go and check that out! It looks like you had alot of fun! (Bad thing is I don't have the new SU colors!) Does that make me not qualify? LOL! Have an awesome rest of the weekend my pal! Happy Creating! Sara