Saturday, January 08, 2011

The Stamping Boutique Insomniac

So, if you can't sleep, make some cards, right?  (Right)

All of these are new downloaded digitals (for me) from The Stamping Boutique.

This first one is called Princess Jennifer Latte - Heartbreaker ... Leaving broken hearts in her wake.  I colored her softly so she would fit with this sparkly Stampin' Up designer paper I had in mind - and why not do the whole thing in pink?  I used Copics/alcohol spray to color the primas so they'd match the card.  I also drew a line down the flourish in spica clear glitter gel pen to give it sparkle as well.










This next one was made following a sketch at one of the challenge blogs, but I'm re-thinking that one, so went ahead & posted here.  After coloring with Copics and adding glossy accents to the cherry on top, it still felt like something was missing - I know !  Sparkles!  I added some pink Stickles to the outer frosting and icicles and pink to the sprinkles on the top.  Yummo, huh?









This 3rd card is my favorite - of today, anyway.  I forgot how much I love distressed cards.  My distressing tool has been MIA for last few weeks ... Guess what I found in the bottom of my Copic marker basket (yep, the distressing tool).  So, I had to distress (even though I know how to distress a card without a tool - did it for a long while before they even came out with a distressing tool, lol).  Anyway - I digress ... I added the sentiment directly onto the image on the computer.  After coloring him with Copics, I used a negative circle to sponge a frame of sorts partially around him.  On that border, I added 2 flowers that I colored with Copics and alcohol then added some glossy accents to his schnoz, the needle and the thimble.  He's such a cutie, isn't he?

Well ... that's all I have completed right now ... seeing as it's 4:58 am ...
I may TRY to get an hour or two in before everyone else gets up.

4 comments:

Faye said...

Oh Colette, what a fabby selection of cards, I especially like the cake! xx

Shirley G said...

Beautiful cards Collette. I especially like the bear. Though I don't get out of bed to craft, I do plot in my head my next days crafting.

Happy Crafting,
Shirley G

cardmaking bird said...

Gorgeous cards, Collette. I love them all!! Hugs, Marie xx

Arts by Sara said...

Ahhhh... Another insomniac! I love the cards that you created! So happy that you found your distressing tool! I hate it when my stuff grows legs and walks away too! (It sure couldn't be that "I" misplaced it! LOL!) You are so talented and your coloring is awesome! Thanks for sharing with me! I hope you get a nap in! Happy Creating! Sara