Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Stamping Boutique and DeeDee Digi's

This card was made with a digital image from The Stamping Boutique for the challenge over at Tuesday Throwdown. The challenge this week to distress.  I used muted shades when coloring then crumpled the image layer and sponged over the wrinkles with Tea Dye from Tim Holtz.  I used deckle edged scissors to "fray" the edges.  The image lent itself to the 20-30's, so tried to make the card look like it was from back then.








This next card was made for the challenge over at Fab 'n Funky Challenges, using another digital image from The Stamping Boutique.  The sentiments were computer generated.  Instead of a tea party, this little beauty is having a cocoa party with her best friend, Teddy.   The image was colored with Copics, then I added some diamond stickles to the sparkles.

The next three cards were made using digital images from Dee Dee's Digi's.

This first one was made for a friend of mine who recently underwent surgery for lung cancer and who is scheduled for a double mastectomy shortly.  She's only 30 years old and has been having chemotherapy for the last few weeks since just before her lung surgery.  She's been through a lot for someone so young, so I wanted to send her some encouragement.  The image is from the Hopeful Hearts set, as is the sentiment.  I colored the heart with Copics then cut out so it would pop up.  The papers are from Basic Grey's Boxer set.

This latte is a digi from Dee Dee's Whole Latte Love set.  Could sure use a cuppa latte right about now - it's snowing again here in Chicagoland ... have I said I'm pretty much done with winter?  No?  Well, I'm ready for spring already!  I colored this latte with Copics then added some Radiant Pearls to the foam and the heart for a bit of shimmer.  The designer papers used here are from Basic Grey's Cappella set - yummy paper Basic Grey has, that's for sure.  The sentiment comes with the digi set.

This last one I didn't size as good as I wanted to, so I made it work.  The card fits in a business sized envelope - lots of room to write.

I took the original digital image, which is just the two hearts, and copied and flipped the set so I had 4 hearts total.  I colored them with Copics then added some glossy accents to the heart buttons.   The designer papers are from Stampin Up, but not sure which set since I got them from a paper exchange.  I used Teal and Turquoise for mats and the fancy label.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up.  The row of flourishes is from the CB foral border die.  I finished with some turquoise colored rhinestones.

That's it for today.  Be sure to come back tomorrow ...
I'll have a few cards from Tiffany Doodles' new floral releases.

2 comments:

Arts by Sara said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful! I am so glad that you are still finding time to create, even with school! I think my favorite card is the "Cocoa Party"! We should be having one of them since I am from the Northwoods! Have a great day! Happy Creating! Sara

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Collette. I just don't know how you do it! Every card you post is uniquely different and yet have your distinct touch! I love to visit your blog and some days, I bookmark your pictures to study and learn! You really are my inspiration and I hope you won't be "upset" if you see little "collette-touches" in some of my work... I'm really trying to learn new things and you always post such BEAUTIFUL examples!!

Stacie