Thursday, March 10, 2011

Charisma Cardz 3/10/11 - Easel Does it

Today over at Charisma Cardz, the challenge is to create an easel card. I haven't made one of these in so long, this was a perfect challenge for me.  For such a striking card, I can't believe how easy they are ... You'll be seeing more of them around my 'house' for sure!

In the meantime, The Stamping Boutique is sponsoring Charisma's challenge, so I picked this adorable Irish Dancer to put on my card. (I also followed yesterday's Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge.) She was colored with Copics, then airbrushed with the light green background before cutting her out with the round open scalloped Spellbinders die (can't think of the official name of the die right now, I'm sure you all know, lol). I tweaked her with some white gel and clear glitter gel pen then added some SU glittery gold brads.

For the panel on the inside of the card, I stamped "Celebrate" from one of the SU sentiment sets directly onto the SU designer paper, celery mat then garden green mat that was border punched with the fleur di lis design.

I'm actually very pleased with this one - Makes me want to be Irish, lol.

Thanks for popping in for a 'look-see' - head on over to Charisma Cardz to see what else they came up with.

8 comments:

Heide said...

Collette,
Your card is Super! Love your coloring and what fun papers. These cards are fun.

Shirley G said...

awesome card Collette. I love easel cards and you did a great job with it.

Marilyn said...

This is a super card... I love easel cards & this is fab with all the green. Like the image too!

Unknown said...

I LOVE looking through your blog!

jojoscraps said...

The greens are awesome and so is your coloring. I haven't yet done an easle card. Now I want to. Nice!
Jo xx

jojoscraps said...

Hi Collette
Me again. If you pop over to my blog, I have an award waiting for you.
Jo xx

paige said...

outstanding card! I love easel cads - so much fun to make!

Arts by Sara said...

This easel card is beautiful! I just love Irish Audrey! You are awesome! Take Care! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Happy Creating! Sara