Thursday, June 30, 2011

Way to Use It Challenge WT 329 - Something Old, Something New

Today over at the Ways to Use It forum over at Splitcoaststampers, Hannah has a wonderful challenge for us ...

Something Old ... Something New

These are so fun because I force myself to use stuff I've had forever that has been shoved aside to make room for the fancy new stuff.  (Shame on me!)
I just downloaded this wonderful digital image from A Day For Daisies yesterday and colored her with Copics.  I used my old Creative Memories cutting system for the oval (can you say 10 years?) and left the butterflies "out of the box".  Another oldie is the designer paper - has to be at least a couple of years old.  I kept the colors in Not Quite Navy, Bashful and Pretty in Pink.  I stamped a couple of flourishes in NQN on the designer paper and finished with a Stampin Up sentiment oval punched & matted on a Pretty in Pink scalloped oval punch.  The image and sentiment are popped up for dimension.  Finished off with some clear glitter gel pen lining the strings and a pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon.

Thanks Hannah - Great challenge!

Thanks for stopping by - Be sure to leave a comment.

1 comment:

Maire Gamber said...

Wonderful card Collette! what a great idea to use something old and something new! Great job!
Hugs,
Marie