Saturday, July 02, 2011

Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers IC291

(For The Stamping Boutique's Patriotic Blog hop, Click Here.)

Today's Inspiration challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers was to be inspired by the artwork at Oopsy Daisy.com.  Tons of things to look at from Wall Art to Jewelry.  Spent the better part of an hour just looking, forgetting I was there for inspiration, not necessarily to buy anything, lol.

For my first card, I was inspired by this cute necklace, but I turned it up a notch to make a more elegant card.  The pink inspired me, I guess.  The digital image I used was from A Day for Daisies, Dress 1, that I colored with Copics.  I was initially worried about the heavier lines, especially since I printed this on regular Staples white cardstock, but the Copics didn't smear the ink.  Whew - I don't have a laser printer, so I was a bit worried, but it worked great.  I added some diamond Stickles to her skirt and some Spica clear gel pen to the embossed parts of the butterflies which were from the Sizzix butterfly embosslet.  Added a couple of heart brads before I was done.


For my second card, I was inspired by this beautiful painting, In the Purples.  (I thought it was beautiful.)  I love the blues and purples together here. 

I used another digital image from A Day for Daisies, Jewelry Box, and colored her with Prisma colored pencils and Gamsol.  I took a relief of a label die and sponged the inside with some blues and purples before cutting with my Creative Memories oval cutter.  The mats are pacific point and eggplant envy and the designer papers are from the Stampin up blueberry crisp pack and the eggplant designer pack.  Finished off with a Hero Arts sentiment punched with a circle punch and some purple Stickles.

So did I come close to the Inspiration challenge?
What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Two more beautiful cards. My HP printer ink has stopped smearing too...I think they changed the formula for a while. I still depend on my little laser every chance I get just because of the fear of smearing.