Thursday, July 28, 2011

SplitcoastStampers Ways To Use It Challenge - WT333

Today over at SplitcoastStampers' Ways To Use It, the challenge is:
ALTERED RIBBON

Chose your favorite ribbon, twill, seam binding - ANYTHING that comes from the ribbon section of your LSS or craft store (not twine, tho) ... and ALTER it - You can take great liberty with this - either dye it, stamp it, distress it ... color it with Copics (or equivalent), airbrush it - The sky's the limit.

I chose to dye this seam binding from Stampin Up by dragging the ribbon over my Pacific Point ink pad until it was fully saturated.  (You don't want to see my hands - although at least it's not like the time I did the same thing with Rose Red ink ... looked like I murdered someone.)  I still haven't gotten it through my thick skull, however, to use the dollar cheapie plastic gloves when I'm doing this - Go Figure.  Anyway, after saturating it with the Pacific Point ink pad, I set it aside to dry overnight to avoid transfer where I didn't want it.  I put a piece of sticky tape (red stuff, lol) and pleated the ribbon down a strip of coordinating Blueberry Crisp designer paper from Stampin Up before matting on crumb cake. 

The image is a digital bluebird from Tiffany Doodles that I printed onto crumb cake and then colored with Copics.  I love the way these Copics seem to watercolor the absorbent crumb cake.  Trick is lighter touch - you don't want to saturate the paper or it will bleed.  I added some glossy accents to his eye and some highlights with white gel pen before matting onto Navy.  The sentiment is unknown stamped in Pacific point & punched with oval before matting onto Navy scalloped oval & popped up for dimension.  I finished with a pretty corner flourish in Navy from QuicKutz.

I love the way this beautiful bird turned out - Hope you do too.  Head over to SplitcoastStampers with your ALTERED RIBBON project.
Thanks for stopping by - Always grateful for any comments.


No comments: