Thursday, July 07, 2011

Tiffany Doodles Challenge TD14 - All Creatures Great and Small

What a wonderful subject for the challenge this month, Tiffany - "All Creatures Great and Small". Head over to Tiffany Doodles Digital Stamps blog to see the challenge posted.

For this challenge, I couldn't resist, so I made 2 cards.

This first one is Tiffany's Bluebird image.  This was one of the first images I ever downloaded from Tiffany, but I've been so intimidated before now to color it.  I used Copics and am actually very pleased with how it turned out.  Silly me, what was I so afraid of?  I used the Basic Grey Boxer designer papers, Stampin Up crocheted trim and a couple of flourishes from Navy cardstock.   Last, I added some glossy accents to his eyes and a couple of pearls.   I like the rust and navy color scheme.

For my second card, I used the mouse image and colored it with Copics, then tweaked it with a bit of prismacolored pencils and gamsol.  Again, I went back to my Basic Grey papers, this time using Max and Whiskers (of course), Not quite navy and more mustard.  The sentiment is computer generated directly onto the image panel.  I finished it off with some brown brads and some glossy accents for his eye.

The Tiffany Doodles Store has such a wonderful collection of creatures - both whimsical and photosketch - that you'll absolutely love to play with, so head on over.

You'll have until June 21st for this challenge. Simply go to the Tiffany Doodles blog and link your card at the bottom of July 7th's entry. Winner's will be determined after July 21st.

The Prizes:

$10 gift certificate for Tiffany Doodles
(for the winner using a Tiffany Doodles digi image)
and/or
$5 certificate for Tiffany Doodles for the runner up
(no matter what stamp/image is used)


As always, thanks for stopping by ...
Make sure you check out the rest of the design team's contributions while you at the Tiffany Doodles blog.
Take care & have a great day!

1 comment:

jimlynn said...

FABULOUS!!! Both are perfect. Collette, your coloring on both is wonderful! Oh, how I wish I could color this pretty. And look at those clouds on the first card! WOW!
Lynn