Monday, July 11, 2011

Lexi's Creations Challenge - Beach themed

Today over at Lexi's Creations blog, she's got a Beach themed challenge going, and guess who is sponsoring?  That's RIGHT, The Stamping Boutique.

I've been doing a few beach cards lately, so I took this challenge from the Beach-goers view - what does he see when he looks out to sea?  Why, a sailboat, of course!

I doubled the waves for a wider sea and colored them with Copics then sponged the sky with broken china for clouds.  The sentiment and sailboat were colored separately and cut out before popping up on dimensionals.  I cut the top of a stretch of waves so I could slip the sailboat behind the waves.  I added some clear glitter gel pen, white gel pen and some glossy accents here 'n there.  Mats are turquoise and navy, as is the grosgrain ribbon and flourishes added.

Head over to Lexi's blog today to see what all the fuss is about!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

I just love this card. TFS.

Melissa Czapor said...

WOW!!! I LOVE THIS CARD!!! Your coloring is wonderful!!I love the sky!!! Blessings and Hugs!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

So cute Collette, I love your card and the clouds are perfect! Love it, love it, love it! :)