Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ways To Use It Challenge - HEAT

Today over at SplitcoastStampers' Ways to Use It Challenge, HEAT is the topic.

We could use either an image that reflected heat such as a candle, fireplace, sunset, summer ... or a technique using heat such as heat embossing, wax/crayon resist, etc.  The sky's the limit as long as heat played a part.

I chose to use heat embossing.  I took a strip of Kraft and ran it through a Cuttlebug embossing folder before applying Versamark to the raised design and clear embossing it.  I then sponged the edgtes with some Pacific Point. 

The image is a digital image from Tiffany Doodles that I printed onto Kraft and colored with Copics.  I added a dot of Glossy Accents to his eye and some Distressed Stickles for faux brads.  Cardstocks used include Kraft, Navy and Pacific Point, while the designer paper is from Stampin Up's Blueberry Crisp paper pack.  I finished it off with an ivory grosgrain ribbon knotted in the corner.

Hope you get a chance to play!
Love to hear your comments.

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love that butterfly too.
Lynn

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Simply gorgeous Collette!