Friday, October 21, 2011

Still working on some Thank You's

So many thank you's to get out for friends of my mother in law.  She always appreciated the cards I make, so I thought it'd be a nicer touch to send some cards out that meant something to her.

This first one is made with a digital image from Tiffany Doodles , Forsythia & Pussywillows.  Very little copic coloring and some SU Blueberry crisp papers and a computer generated sentiment and it was done.

This next one is made from a digital image from a new image from A Day for Daisies' October Club Kit entitled Letter Home.  I colored her with Copics before cutting her out and popping up for dimension.  I used some digital paper from Bearly Mine Designs and then doodled around the edges (for the A Day For Daisies Challenge #29 - Add doodles.)  This same paper was used as a background for a slide show I made with photographs of my mother in law from her birth on up to show at the memorial last week.  She was a quilter and loved blue, so I thought it was fitting.  I punched a border and used a Tim Holtz flourish in NQN as well as an oval mat for the sentiment (which was double popped up.)  Finished with an ivory grosgrain ribbon.

This next Thank You was made using a digital image from Lilyboo of  Cuddly Buddly called Pretty Pots.  This was colored with Copics and then cut out & popped up on the double mat of pumpkin/garden green (with some doodles around the perimeter.)  The sentiment is computer generated.  Background paper is from Basic Grey digital.  The sentiment here was also double popped up for more dimension.

Hope you like them.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: