Monday, June 30, 2014

Sparkle Art Journal page - Never Let Anyone Dull Your Sparkle

Here is the 3rd installment in my (apparently) Prima art journal.  This little beauty is Shay and she's from Julie Nutting's Prima Doll stamp selection.

First, since this is in an altered composition notebook, each page is actually 2 pages that are sealed together with matte medium.  I then laid down two different napkin layers.  On the left is a peacock napkin, on the right is a pice with the Eiffel Tower and french things.  I accidentally ripped the page at the top, so I put some Tim Holtz tissue paper (Melange) since that stuff is stronger than ... well, it's strong!  Way thicker than your typical tissue paper.  Anyway, then I pained a thin wash of blue acrylic paint. 
I added a border and leave design from cardstock and decoupaged.  It's difficult to see the petals, but I took an old book page and painted with some metallic acrylic paints (gold and bronze) before decoupaging.  You can see from the center of the flower I did the same thing, only I didn't use a metallic paint.  After they were dry, I did some doodling.  The magenta flowers are just sponged paint and doodling.
The quote was printed onto cardstock and then layered on the same old olive Stampin' Up cardstock to tie in the colors.  I used the Dylusions stamp set for 'Sparkle'.  I've got some diamond Stickles 'sparkles' leading away from the word, as well as a dot on the top of each of the letters.

 
 Shay was paper pieced from different card stock (dress) and Neenah paper (flesh/hair) then decoupaged onto the page.  I then colored/shaded with Copics before adding her own BLING with platinum Stickles.  The heart is also a piece from that book page that I used for the flower petals.  A little doodling later, and the sentiment was added with a few more Stickles for sparkly effect.
I am really loving these Prima dolls by Julie Nutting - So perfect ... Alas, I don't have enough of them (don't we all say that about our supplies?) and will have to get more if I'm going to keep this book a "Prima Book".

Thanks for popping in ... Have a wonderful day!
Collette

No comments: