Monday, July 14, 2014

icad #43, #44, #45

Home for a few hours before I'm off again ... played in my studio last night and early this morning ...

This first one is an extra for one of the Daisy Yellow Art ICAD members who just had a baby on Friday, same day my sister in law got married. 

First off, CONGRATULATIONS to Dawn and Bernie ... It was a beautiful ceremony, beautiful day and a beautiful time spent with you.  Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

also, CONGRATULATIONS to Simi on the birth of Melody ... She is such a beautiful little girl!
This one's for Melody ...
This is a Day for Daisies digital image that I printed on irridescent cardstock & colored with Copics before adding the acrylic pink & doodles.  I used Glossy Accents for the stars, heart and halo.

The prompt for this one was violin.  I printed out an image from the web & cut it out.
For the base, I painted an index card in purple, cross-hatching, then I layered some Tim Holtz melange tissue paper before adding the violin.
I finished with a bit of white printing.

The prompt for this was to use a kokeshi doll.
I layered a sheet of paper I made on my Gelli plate with stencils I made with my Silhouette - you can definitely see the daisy stencil, which I doodled a couple of the images using gel markers.
I painted the doll with acrylics and when I was done, my current nursing studies kicked in - "Respect Cultural Differences"
 
 
The prompt for this one was to use a dala horse (what the heck is that? Yes, I had to look it up on the internet ... I'm so worldy challenged, lol.  Anyway, I used a piece of map scrapbook paper & layered it onto an index card & then distressed with vintage photo from Ranger as well as some potting soil from Archival.  The horse was painted with acrylics.  I'm challenging myself to "Explore" more (even if I can't do it physically & financially).
 
Hope you have a great day, thanks for popping in.
Collette

No comments: