Sunday, July 20, 2014

Icad #51

And the countdown begins ... 51/61 index cards a day ....

The prompt for Day 51 is to incorporated monsters or octopi ... I haven't seen this commercial in ages, but I kept humming it all morning long, so when I saw this challenge, I knew what I wanted.

This digital image is from Digi Shack.  I've always loved him because he's a bit of a goofball monster - Like he tries real hard to be scary, but he just can't pull it off.

I colored him with Copics (falling in love all over again, after a 2 year hiatus) and cut him out. 

The theme for this week is doodly stuff.  For my background, I squiggled all over the card with random Copics and let the shapes find me ... I enhanced them with some fine line doodling.  When I put (I'll call him) Bert on top, he got kind of lost, so I put a whitewash of gesso over the index card.  After I affixed him to the card & added the sentiment, I put some glossy accents on his eyes and teeth.

Hey, "Sometimes you feel like a NUT!"
 
Have a fabulous day!
Collette

No comments: