Saturday, August 09, 2014

Tiddly Inks - Let's Hear it For the Boys Challenge

Tiddly Inks hosts a challenge every two weeks, and this last one is Let's Hear it For the Boys which started August 5th ... We were challenged to make a creation for a boy ... Hmm, I say ... all my Tiddly Inks are girly ... so I went to the store (again!) and clicked on the Boys/Men link, and found this image ... I know, we were supposed to make a creation for a boy, but DANG! this looks like my perfect island.  I'm sure I could make Scott enjoy a getaway like this too, so does that count?

I just wanted to say something here - while I absolutely ADORE! the cards I see out there that are embellished to the hilt with flowers and what-nots, I'm more of a practical card-maker ... I want it to fit in a reasonably sized envelope (yes, I've even gone for the 6x6 and 5x7 sized cards) that I can mail at the post office without needing a loan for the postage.

ALSO, I like others to see cards that might not be as fussy as others to hopefully inspire others to be creative without the fear of all the fluff they may see on other cards which can be overwhelming to some.  Again - I'm certainly not knocking those cards, because I really do love them!  While my cards may not be CAS (clean and simple = 1-2 layers), they aren't quite as dressed up as others, which is how I like them ... I hope you do too.
The image was printed on Cryogen Iridescent and colored with Copics.

Colors used were:
     Lighthouse:  W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, B000
     Greenery:  YG23, YG06, G14
     Cliffside, boat, tree:  E33, E35, E37, E39
     House:  E21, R20, R21, C1, C3, C5, B000
     Water:  B91, B93, B95, B97

Papers used were:
     Stampin Up's Night of Navy & Cajun Craze
     Basic Grey's Boxer paper pack

I added an SU garden green flourish and some water-colored sequins to tie in the water
The sentiment is from Paper Trey's Daily Design Sentiments pack that was punched out.

Hope you like it ... I sure wish I had a place like this I could run away and hide at.
 
If you're up to it, check out Tiddly Inks blog for their latest challenge
or check out the Tiddly Inks store for digital and clear images.

(By the way, I DID get their Harry Potter look-a-like image as well,
and may be posting that one too if I get it inked up.)
 
Take care and have a great day!
Collette


 

3 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oh collette its just perfect hunny and your card looks amazing.
Finding your own style and path in craftyland is just the right way to do, never worry about how others do it,just enjoy your way
thankyou for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week
hugs Lou xx

Unknown said...

This is brilliantly male and perfect for the challenge. :D I generally am more of a card maker like yourself, Simple is better in my humble opinion. Heh Thanks so much for linking up with Tiddly Inks!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is one of my fave TI images and you've made a super card with it. Thanks so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks :)