Friday, September 26, 2014

Witches in Training

Okay, I've said this before, right?  "I'm not one to make Halloween cards" ... surprised myself again ... by making another one ... This adorable (dare I say that when I'm talking about witches?) First Flight is by A Day for Daisies ... I can just picture them listening to the instructor tell them how to levitate on their brooms, can't you?
 
 
The image was colored with Copics and then I distressed the heck out of the image panel.  Cardstock is Stampin Up's Night of Navy and Pumpkin.  The Designer paper is from Bearly Mine Design's Halloween Fantasy collection, and can be found HERE.  This is a preview of the paper pack.
 
I was going to put a sentiment on it before I realized that the layout I had actually showcased "Happy Halloween in the upper right corner.  I finished it with some navy SU grosgrain ribbon knots and left it alone ... Sometimes 'simple' is a good thing.
 
While this card IS geared towards Halloween, it could also be used for a note card.  Inside I put a sheet of coordinating light colored designer paper from Bearly Mine Designs as well, that can be written upon.

I'm submitting this to A Day for Daisies' Challenge #105 - Anything Goes
(but it has to use an ADFD image)

Copics Used:
     Skin: E11,00,000,R20     Hair:  E37,35
     Clothing:  B97,34,93,41,E09,08,15,13
     Brooms:  E37,35,33,Y23
     Hats, skirts, boots:  W9,7,5,3
     Socks:  C3,1; R24,22
 
Hope you enjoyed today's offering.
Have a great day!


3 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's so very beautiful Collette and great papers and colours.
Gr Karin

Dawn said...

Wow you are certainly on a card making roll lol! Great Halloween card hon x

Unknown said...

I love these two! You've colored them so perfectly...
Have a great day!