Sunday, October 19, 2014

Beware Zombies in the night, even pretty ones

It's so hard sometimes coloring up these beautiful Saturated Canary images and make them look grungy or decaying.  Even Krista Smith's  "uglies" are beautiful.  This digital image is called Zombie Niamh.  She was colored with Copics using a bit of subdued or grungy colors, based on the state of her clothing and herself.  The picture (for a change) is actually more vivid than the card actually is in real life.
 
I distressed the edges of her layer before cock-eyed matting it onto the Cajun SU cardstock, and then sewed around the edge w/a rust color.  I had a really pretty peachy-coral grosgrain ribbon that I snipped, stretched and distressed with Vintage Photo ink to make it not so pretty.  I then layered a 1/4" strip of black grosgrain ribbon.  The flourish with bats and fence were made with my Silhouette.  I had a "trick or treat" sentiment die cut, but when I got this far, I saw that skeleton peeking over the ribbon (totally by accident), as if he was trying to rip through the ribbon, and wanted to leave it as is.
 
The designer paper is digital from Bearly Mine Designs, from the set called Halloween Fantasy.  It's on sale - 50% off until 10/31/14, at which point it will be retired, so get it while you can!!!
 
Here's a close up of how Niamh looks.
All I ask is that you steer your eyes clear of that raggedy cat.
 
(STOP LOOKING, lol!)
 
I tried making him look a bit shaggy like Niamh, but not wholly satisfied with him.
I'm IM-patiently waiting for Alyce Keegan of Kit and Clowder to finish up her tutorial class showcasing animals so I can sign up for that also.
Copics Used:
     Skin:  YG00,E21,oo,000,C1
     Hair:  E29,25,21,YG23
     Dress:  B97,95,93,91; R29,27,24
     Boots:  W7,5,3,1,00
     Cat:  C7,5,3
 
Hope you enjoyed my Niamh for Halloween!  Come back soon!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: