Sunday, October 26, 2014

Day of the Dead Monochromatic

Got this digital image, Sugar Skull Alex, from Simply B digital stamps for a Kit and Clowder facebook challenge - Monochromatic with a splash of color.

This is a new image was a freebie ... but you have to be a Facebook friend of Kit and Clowder as well as Simply B Stamps ... and you had to leave a comment in the post as well as share the post to collect the image.

I colored Alex with Copics and then added a bit of inktense pencil around her for a hazy feel.  I also splattered some of the same inktense pencil over the entire image to give it a slightly distressed feel.  The cardstock used is Stampin Up's River Rock and Black.  The designer papers (all 3) are from Bearly Mine Designs' Black and White Essentials paper pack.

I added a black flourish.  The sentiment is computer generated ... I googled Day of Dead sayings, and came up with this on the card ... Google says it means: "To hell with death while we're still alive" ... however, someone on the Kit and Clowder facebook page said that the literal translation is:  "The devil to death, while our life lasts".  6 to one, half a dozen to the other ... pretty much the same thing to me ...  I look at it as if I'm saying "the HECK with death, who needs to worry about it while I'm still alive" ...  ANYWAY, my splash of color would be the red on her lips, choker and dress trim, as well as the ribbon on the card.

Copics Used:
     Skin:  W3,1,E00,R20
     Hair/Dress:  W9,7,5,3,1
     Red accents:  R59,46,43

Hope you like!
Have a wonderful day.
 

No comments: