Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Kit and Clowder's Orlando Retreat

Oh my, did I have a FABULOUS time at the Kit and Clowder Orlando retreat, or what?  Only thing that would have made it better was sitting down with Alyce Keegan in my craft room for about a week (probably holding her hostage!).  She's such a wonderful lady, and so very talented.  It was hotter than blazes, I think near 100*, but not as humid as usual.  Got a little bit of swim/sun time on the first day and the last day I was there.  Can't wait to go back!

If you get a chance, you HAVE to check out Kit and Clowder's coloring classes.  Alyce offers both markers (she gives substitutions for those of you that don't use Copics like me) as well as her new pencil classes.  She also has new classes that you can subscribe to where you get a new class every month - both in markers, and pencils, separately.  Once I have a bit more down time, I'm certainly going to sign up for those as well ...

These are the three projects we created while at the retreat:
This first one is a frame that we used all kinds of mixed media on.  I've dabbled a bit in mixed media in my art journals, but this was so much fun, using Lindy's sprays and stencils.  The image is from Saturated Canary called Dew Drop Fairy.  I colored her with Copics and then distressed the edges so it would be a bit smaller than the frame opening.  I also added some Shabby white frontage.  I just LOVE the way it turned out.

This next one is a card made using a LaLa Land image called Heart Cupcake Marci.  I colored her with Copics and did all kinds of distressing.  Isn't she cute?

This last card is made using Polkadoodles' Octavia Rose.  Again, Copics, distressing and some lace.  Isn't she pretty?
 
Hope you enjoy.  Anyone interested in starting a Go Fund Me account for Alyce to come back over here from Australia?  Or maybe send me OVER to Australia - yeah, that sounds like a better treat, lol.
 
Hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Play Bazaar city said...

Saanso Mein Sama Jayenge, Sukun Bankar Tere Dil Mein Utar Jayenge, Mehsus Karne Ki Koshish To Kijiye, Dur Rahte Hue Bhi Pass Najar Aayenge ,play bazaar satta king

prince said...

Uncertain of what to put on your body? Peruse on to find how you can generally put your best self forward. satta king
play bazaar